Disinfecting Incorrectly Can Lead into Lung Problems

Disinfecting Incorrectly Can Lead into Lung Problems

Ideas for how to Disinfecting correctly

Disinfecting Incorrectly Can Lead into Lung problems

number of the products we use in our homes to clean and decontaminate contain dangerous chemicals that can result in health problems – even products advertised as eco-friendly or organic may consist of these sorts of ingredients. According to the House cleaners and risk of cancer NHS, “Lots of cleaning products or household products can easily irritate the eyes or throat, or cause headaches and other illness, such as cancer. Some products or services release harmful chemicals, consisting of random natural compounds NHS. Other damaging active ingredients include ammonia and bleach. Even natural scents such as citrus can respond to produce harmful pollutants indoors.

VOCs and other chemicals released when using cleaning supplies contribute to persistent breathing problems, allergic reactions and headaches. Research studies are underway to examine how these chemicals impact a lot of people who have asthma and other breathing illnesses.1 However, previous studies connect exposure to chemicals from cleaning products to occupational asthma and other respiratory illnesses.

Disinfecting Incorrectly Can Lead into Lung Problems

Cleaning supplies and home products containing VOCs and other dangerous substances can consist of, however, are not restricted to:

  • Aerosol spray product lines, including health, beauty and cleaning materials
  • Air fresheners
  • Chlorine bleach
  • Detergent and dishwashing liquid
  • Dry cleaning chemicals
  • Carpet and upholstery cleaners
  • Home furniture and flooring polish
  • some Oven cleaners
  • hand disinfection 

When cleaning and disinfecting your home, you should never ever try to do all of it at once. Why?

Because if you are using a big amount of cleaners and disinfectants at once, you are allowing a lot of chemicals to go freely around your home. To keep yourself and your family safe, clean or decontaminate one section of your house at a time and make sure that you keep the location well opened.

In addition to ventilating your home while cleaning, another crucial step to decontaminating correctly is to read the disclaimer label on the back of your disinfectant bottle. It will inform you that there is anywhere from 1 to 10-minute dwell-time needed to reach the 99.9% or 99.99% kill rate of bacteria and infections (bacteria) that are described on the label. Dwell-time ways that the disinfecting chemical needs to be in contact with the surface being disinfected for the whole time defined on the back of the label to be completely reliable.

For your cleaning needs, local expert cleaning is here to help! We are taking extra preventative measures to guarantee your safety throughout this time.

  • Washing hands on a regular basis
  • Disinfecting equipment regularly.
  • Staying home when you are not feeling well.
  • Using medical gloves at each task.
  • Practice social distancing, as proper.
Scroll to Top
open chat
1
local expert cleaning
Hi, how can we help you